Tugboat & Reef Snorkel Safari
Our Tugboat & Reef Snorkel Safari goes off the beaten track to scenic and extraordinary sites that you may not easily find on your own way.
This balanced tour will give you the beautiful under water sights as well as the historic sights from up above in the fort.
This is a half-day tour of 4 hours. The pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation will happen before and after the tour respectively.
- Max 8 passengers
- Price: $65 (children 6 -12: $55)
- Pick-up and drop-off service from most hotels in Willemstad and from the East side of the island, as well as from cruise ship terminals;
- Water and lemonade;
- Professional guide and driver;
- Open 4WD Toyota Landcruiser seating 8 passengers.
Highlights of this tour:
- Famous Tugboat wreck
- Impressive drop-off coral formations
- Fort Beekenburg
Go snorkeling and watch the impressive drop-off with beautiful coral formations and continue your adventure at the Tugboat beach where you can spot the 30ft, still-complete wreck sits upright in 17ft of water.
After drying off and rehydrating with water and lemonade you will head towards an historic site, built to protect Caracasbaai from pirates and enemy nations.
- We recommend you wear sneakers/closed shoes or hiking shoes with a firm hold since grounds are uneven and the coral cliffs can be sharp. No flip-flops please!
- Snorkeling experience is not required but participants should be able to swim.
- Please remember to bring sun protection. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat or cap are recommended.
- We do not recommend this tour for guests with joint or back problems, pregnant women, or small children. We advise a minimum age of 6 years.
- Please leave all valuables such as credit cards, passports and expensive cameras in your room as we will be leaving the open vehicle unattended when we visit the often desolate and remote sites.
Get out there and explore—Curaçao awaits!