Turtle Outback & Snorkel Safari
Curacao’s people, nature, history and land has been formed by water, both by the sea and the availability of sweet water.
On this tour you can enjoy the effect of the crystal blue sea of Curacao by swimming with the colorful fish and turtles. We also visit the spectacular sights on the North side of the island where the wind forces the sea on the land and leaves an amazing footprint.
This is a half-day tour of 7 hours. The pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation will happen before and after the tour respectively.
- Max 8 passengers
- Price: $99 (children 6 -12: $79)
- Pick-up and drop-off service from most hotels, as well as from the Mega Cruise Terminal;
- Water and lemonade;
- Professional guide and driver;
- Open 4WD Toyota Landcruiser seating 8 passengers.
Highlights of this tour:
- Mini desert of Curacao
- Water spectacles on the North-West coast of Curacao
- Green South-West coast of Curacao
- Underwater world of Curacao
This Outback Safari tour will take you through the wide-open desert planes where oddly enough most natural sweet water on Curacao is found.
Let the water sprinkles, at the several isolated bays, refresh you when the big breakers crash into the coral cliffs and spot some exotic birds like herons, frigate birds and caracaras.
Cross over to the South-West coast of Curacao where you will notice how the scenery changes completely from a dry arid climate to a green hilly coast. Here you will find nearly all of Curacao’s natural white beaches with their turquoise blue waters.
Our last stop will be at Playa Piskado where you can spot many different types of fish and of course swim alongside the turtles.
- We recommend you wear sneakers/closed shoes or hiking shoes with a firm hold since grounds are uneven and the coral cliffs can be sharp. No flip-flops please!
- Snorkel experience is not required but participants should be able to swim, or otherwise can just relax on the beach.
- Please remember to bring sun protection. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat or cap are recommended.
- We do not recommend this tour for guests with joint or back problems, pregnant women, or small children. We advise a minimum age of 6 years.
- Please leave all valuables such as credit cards, passports and expensive cameras in your room as we will be leaving the open vehicle unattended when we visit the often desolate and remote sites.
Get out there and explore—Curaçao awaits!